Somewhat similar in appearance to humans, the Fanalis all have a striking red color to their hair. Nomadic in nature they are often seen traveling in bands as protectors of caravans and sometimes are sought after to protect the sultanate of the different cities.
Male fanalis often stand at heights of 6' to 7'6" which is drastic compared to the females of the race who stand at 5' to 5'6". Their appearance is uncanny though as they all have a striking reddish-pink hair color and eye color, and tend to have tanned-looking skin that ranges from fair-to-dark to very dark.
Due to their faster-than-normal metabolism they tend to be quite lean but it is not unusual to see them with more muscular builds. They have them a fair strength advantage over other races as well. They are said to be descendants of an ancient race of red-skinned giants in their oldest roots throughout the Great Rift of Alma Torran. Their power comes with a weakness though as they tend to have very low reserves of mana.
Racial Traits (20 RP)Edit
- Ability Score Modifiers: Fanalis are lean, powerful, but tend to be naïve about normal society. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity and -2 Wisdom.
- Type: Humanoid (Fanalis) (0 RP)
- Size: Fanalis are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Senses: Fanalis have Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60 feet and Scent (6 RP)
- Base Speed: Fanalis are fast and well-travelled. They have a base speed of 50 feet. (2 RP)
- Languages: Fanalis speak Common and Dark Folk. A Fanalis with a high Intelligence score can choose from the following: Dwarven, Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Ignan, Nagaji, Orc, Reiman, Sphinx, Syrinx and Terran
Special Racial TraitsEdit
- Jumper: Acrobatics is always a class skill for Fanalis characters. Fanalis gain a +2 racial bonus to their Acrobatics skill. (2 RP)
- Natural Armor: Fanalis have strong skin granting them a +2 Natural Armor bonus to Armor Class (2 RP)
- Powerful Arms and Feet: Fanalis have powerful limbs and their unarmed strike damage is stronger than normal. Due to this their monk unarmed strike damage is treated as if they are a monk of 5 level higher, and base unarmed damage for other classes is 1d8 instead of 1d3. (6 RP)
- Unarmed Legacy: Fanalis gain the Improved Unarmed Strike feat as a bonus feat at first level. (4 RP)
- Weak Magoi: Fanalis have no inherent talent for harnessing magoi and their maximum mana is reduced by 1/2.(-2 RP)
Favored Class BonusesEdit
- Barbarian: +1/4 to unarmed strike damage
- Djinn Slayer: +1/4 damage to smite spirit attacks
- Fighter: +1/4 to unarmed strike damage
- Mana Blade: +1/2 to mana.
- Monk: +1/4 to unarmed strike damage
- Paladin: +1/4 to unarmed strike damage
- Ranger: +1 to Survival