Using a combination of holy and unholy magic—as well as martial prowess—they specialize in slaying creatures affiliated with dungeon spirits in any way.
Religion: Philosophy of the Tranquil Sect
Hit Die: d10
The Djinn Slayer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Ranks at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+1||+0||+2||+2||detect mana, smite spirit 1/day||—||—||—||—|
|4th||+4||+1||+4||+4||inquisition, smite spirit 2/day, spells||0||—||—||—|
|5th||+5||+1||+4||+4||aura of supression||1||—||—||—|
|7th||+7/+2||+2||+5||+5||smite spirit 3/day||1||0||—||—|
|10th||+10/+5||+3||+7||+7||smite spirit 4/day||2||1||0||—|
|11th||+11/+6/+1||+3||+7||+7||aura of black magoi, faithless fortitude||2||1||1||—|
|13th||+13/+8/+3||+4||+8||+8||smite spirit 5/day||3||2||1||0|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+5||+10||+10||smite spirit 6/day||3||3||2||1|
|17th||+17/+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||aura of the void||4||3||2||1|
|19th||+19/+14/+9/+4||+6||+11||+11||smite spirit 7/day||4||3||3||2|
|20th||+20/+15/+10/+5||+6||+12||+12||severance from mana||4||4||3||3|
Below are the abilities granted to the Djinn Slayer in detail.
Weapon and Armor ProficienciesEdit
A djinn slayer is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).
At will, a djinn slayer can use detect magic, as the spell. A djinn slayer can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is has magical properties, if it has a bond with a dungeon spirit, or if it is affiliated with a dungeon spirit (such as a dungeon spirit's guardian creatures), learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the djinn slayer does not detect magic in any other object or individual within range.
Once per day, a djinn slayer can call out to the tranquil energy in their body to aid her in her struggle against a creature who is either a dungeon spirit, affiliated with a dungeon spirit or in possession of a dungeon artifact with an active bond to themselves. As a swift action, the djinn slayer chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is a dungeon spirit, a dungeon capturer (having at least one bond to a dungeon spirit) or a dungeon creature, the djinn slayer adds her Int bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her djinn slayer level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite spirit is an outsider with the dungeon spirit subtype, or a creature with two or more dungeon artifact bonds the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the djinn slayer possesses. Regardless of the target, smite spirit attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.
In addition, while smite spirit is in effect, the djinn slayer gains a deflection bonus equal to her Intelligence modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the djinn slayer targets a creature that is not affiliated with a dungeon spirit in any way, the smite is wasted with no effect.
The smite spirit effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the djinn slayer rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the djinn slayer may smite spirit one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Djinn Slayer, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.
At 2nd level, a djinn slayer can imbue one of her weapons with the bane weapon special ability as a swift action. She must select one creature type when she uses this ability (and a subtype if the creature type selected is humanoid or outsider). Once selected, the type can be changed as a swift action. This ability only functions while the djinn slayer wields the weapon. If dropped or taken, the weapon resumes granting this ability if it is returned to the djinn slayer before the duration expires. This ability lasts for a number of rounds per day equal the djinn slayer's level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
At 2nd level, the Djinn Slayer is immune to the effects of any spells with the emotion descriptor, as well as fear effects from non-spell sources. Djinn Slayers do not have a mana pool.
Tranquility overrides any mana pools granted by any multi-class levels that the djinn slayer may have.
At 3rd level and every third level thereafter (6th, 9th, 12th etc), the djinn slayer can choose one of the following talents.
- Armor Break: When you hit with an attack using your bane ability, you can forgo the extra damage to reduce the target's natural armor bonus by that amount (minimum natural armor bonus of +0) until the end of your next turn.
- Artifact Break: When you successfully hit with an attack using your bane ability, you can forgo the extra damage dice to supress the power of any dungeon artifacts the target is bonded with effectively ending any equip or full equip modes and preventing them from using other powers associated with the artifact until the end of your next turn. A djinn slayer must be 15th level or higher to select this talent.
- Black Bane: Gain an additional number of bane rounds per day equal to 10 + your Intelligence modifier. A djinn slayer must be 12th level or higher to select this talent.
- Black Grace: Gain a sacred bonus to your saving throws equal to your Intelligence modifier. A djinn slayer must be 15th level or higher to select this talent.
- Canny Observer: Gain a +4 bonus to Perception checks.
- Combat Discipline: Gain a combat feat of your choice that you meet the requirements for.
- Endure Affinity: Gain endurance as a bonus feat.
- Gloom Magic: Gain the ability to cast darkness 3/day as a spell-like ability. A djinn slayer must be 6th lvl or higher to select this talent.
- Greater Bane: When using the bane ability affect all allies within 10 feet of the djinn slayer. A djinn slayer must be 9th level or higher to select this talent.
- Helmet Break: When using the bane ability, forgo the additional damage dice to stagger the target for that many rounds. A djinn slayer must be 9th level or higher to select this talent.
- In Position: When you successfully hit a target with an attack using the bane ability, you can choose to forgo your additional damage dice to make the target more vulnerable to one of your allies adjacent to it. The first melee attack that ally makes against the target before the beginning of your next turn treats the target as being flat-footed. The djinn slayer must be 9th level or higher to select this talent.
- Iron Fortitude: Gain immunity to the effects of Sicken and Nausea. A djinn slayer must be 6th level or higher to select this talent.
- Mind Break: When threatening a creature who is casting defensively, the DC of the concentration check is increased by +4. A djinn slayer must be 6th level or higher to select this talent.
- Poker Face: When making an opposed check against another creatures sense motive check (such as bluff or intimidate) the creature must roll twice and take the worst result.
- Resiliency: Gain temporary hit points equal to the djinn slayer's level to avoid dying. A djinn slayer must be 6th level or higher to select this talent.
- Throw Trinket: The djinn slayer may throw potions at targets within 15 feet increments with a ranged attack roll to use their effects on a target. A djinn slayer must be 9th level or higher to select this talent.
- Tranquil Army: The djinn slayer gains the leadership feat as a bonus feat. The djinn slayer must be 12th level or higher to select this talent.
- Tranquil Blow: When you successfully hit a target with an attack using the bane ability, you can choose to forgo your additional damage dice to damage the target's mana pool for that amount. A djinn slayer must be 12th level or higher to select this talent.
- Walk of Tranquility: When taking any action that would provoke an attack of opportunity, the djinn slayer adds her level to her Armor Class as a sacred bonus until the end of her turn.
- Weapon Break: When you successfully hit a target with an attack using the bane ability, you can choose to forgo your additional damage dice to grant the monster a penalty on all damage rolls equal to that amount until the end of your next turn. A djinn slayer must be 12th level or higher to select this talent.
- Widen Smite: When using a smite ability, any applicable creatures who are adjacent to the target at the time of being smitten are also considered to be affected by the effects of the smite. A djinn slayer must be 15th level or higher to select this talent.
Similar a cleric’s or an inquisitor's deity, a djinn slayer's devotion to and place within the Tranquil Sect influences their abilities. Unlike a cleric or inquisitor, a djinn slayer does not need to follow a deity to get access to the effects of an inquisition, and though one deity or the other may hold sway over the tenets of an inquisition, and a djinn slayer may respect those tenets she can go against them if it serves the greater goals of the Tranquil Sect. A djinn slayer can select one inquisition from the list of inquisitor inquisitions but unlike a cleric or inquisitor, she cannot select a domain other than an inquisition.
Since the Tranquil Sect is more observant of knowledge of the old gods rather than faith to the old gods, any effect in any inquisition that calls for the djinn slayer's Wisdom Modifier instead uses her Intelligence modifier. The djinn slayer uses her level as her effective inquisitor level when determining the power and effect of her inquisition powers.
Beginning at 4th level, a djinn slayer gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells which are drawn from the Djinn Slayer Spell List. A djinn slayer must choose and prepare her spells in advance.
To prepare or cast a spell, a djinn slayer must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a djinn slayer's spell is 10 + the spell level + the djinn slayer's Intelligence modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a djinn slayer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Djinn Slayer. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Intelligence score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells). When Table: Djinn Slayer indicates that the djinn slayer gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, she gains only the bonus spells she would be entitled to based on her Intelligence score for that spell level.
A djinn slayer must spend 1 hour each day in quiet meditation to regain her daily allotment of spells. A djinn slayer may prepare and cast any spell on the djinn slayer spell list, provided that she can cast spells of that level, but she must choose which spells to prepare during her daily meditation. Through 3rd level, a djinn slayer has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, her caster level is equal to her djinn slayer level – 3.
Aura of SuppressionEdit
At 5th level, a djinn slayer gains spell resistance against mana-based abilities equal to 4 plus their djinn slayer level. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against hostile mana-based effects. This ability functions only while the djinn slayer is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
At 8th level, a djinn slayer's resolve affects every creature within a dungeon that they are in. All dungeon creatures within the dungeon take a -2 penalty to saving throws against spells and traps. Allies of the djinn slayer gain a +2 circumstance bonus to all saving throws against any traps or influences in the dungeon (such as Fortitude saves against heat in a fire influenced dungeon). This ability functions only while the djinn slayer is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
Aura of Black MajoiEdit
At 11th level, a djinn slayer gains an aura of black magoi that grants her a sacred bonus to the DC of all of her spells and abilities of +4. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +2 sacred bonus to the DC of their spells.
At 11th level, a djinn slayer can use mental and physical resiliency to avoid certain attacks. If she makes a Fortitude saving throw against an attack that has a reduced effect on a successful save, she instead avoids the effect entirely. This ability can only be used if the djinn slayer is wearing light armor, medium armor, or no armor. A helpless djinn slayer does not gain the benefit of the faithless fortitude ability.
At 14th level, a djinn slayer's resolve further effects every creature within a dungeon that they are in. The djinn slayers and each of her allies gain a +2 sacred bonus on all attack and damage rolls against dungeon creatures. Against djinn-bonded capturers and djinn possessed creatures this effect is doubled, and all rolls made to confirm critical hits have their sacred bonus increased by an additional +4 for a total of a +8 sacred bonus. This ability functions only while the djinn slayer is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
Aura of the VoidEdit
At 17th level, the djinn slayer gains an aura of mana dampening power, non-allied creatures within 10 feet of the djinn slayer must expend twice as much mana to use any effect that requires mana (such as high magic, sword spells, and monster's inherent magic abilities. Creatures who are not within the aura but still targeting one or more creatures allied to the djinn slayer who are within the aura have the mana cost of the abilities they are attempting to use against the affected creatures increased by 2.
Additionally creatures with a mana-ability affecting them must make a Fortitude save each round or be dispelled of any ongoing buff that was cast using mana, normal spell buffs are not affected by this ability. The DC for the save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the djinn slayer's level + the djinn slayer's Intelligence Modifier. This ability functions only while the djinn slayer is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
Severance from ManaEdit
At 20th level the djinn slayer embodies the true spirit of the Tranquil Sect. The spell resistance against mana-based abilities granted to her from her Aura of Suppression is increased to 32, or 12 + her djinn slayer level. Additionally while under the effects of Smite Spirit, she gains DR 20/non-magical against the target and any other creatures that share an affinity with the affinity of their target. Also any critical hits the djinn slayer makes against the target of her Smite Spirit ability automatically confirm.